Good Times at the Lost and Found
The beautiful rides through the Lost Sierra are amazing, from 35 miles for the 'Good Times Rider', 67 miles
for the 'adventurous rider' to 106 miles for the ‘Serious Riders and Racers’. But there is so much more than just the ride...
In partnership with the City of Portola, we have a full evening of festivities planned on Saturday.
Fun for Riders, Families and Friends
- Ride start times: 8am start as mass roll-out 100 mile racers and 9am start as mass roll-out for 67 and 35 mile racers. All categories will stage at least 15 minutes prior to start time for instructions on completing the ride. Start timing mat will be on Willow Creek Road.
- Post ride recovery in Portola City Park starting at 12pm including post ride meal for registered riders and volunteers for free and food trucks also available
- Post Ride Party Saturday in Portola City Park with food, adult and kid beverages, live music, and dancing till 10pm - the way we like to do it!
- Camping in Portola - $15/day includes showers -
Get your Camping Pass here
Consider camping onsite at Portola City Park for convenient partying opportunities.
When arriving, check in at City Hall (directly across the street from the Portola City park) with proof of camping pass purchase,
they will provide basic information and code for access to showers. If you arrive after 5pm
on Friday, pick a spot at the baseball fields, around the back side from
the Portola City Park, and check in at City Hall on Saturday.
- Awards Ceremony - 1pm to 6pm
Will be held at the stage to celebrate the victors in style.
- Live Music from Jack Danny - 4:30pm
Jack Danny is a Portola local who will be playing outlaw/folk rock to get the crowd warmed-up for the evening's festivities and
post-ride vibe. His unique sound and kick drum always make for a good time.
- Free Kids Race - 6pm
There will be a kid's evening race around the park. This is a fun race just for the kids to have some fun on their bikes too -
sponsored by the Plumas County Sheriff Association. Fill out both the Sign-up form and waiver form, and bring onsite to the race. Onsite registration will also
- Shuttle Service Portola to Lake Davis Coot Bay - 6:30pm to 10:30pm
For those camping at Lake Davis, there will be a shuttle service running every half hour starting at 6:30pm in Portola and dropping
off at Coot Bay on Lake Davis 30 minutes later. Only the 6:30pm and 7:30pm shuttles will have bike transport, so if you are camping
at Lake Davis and need to transport your bike, take one of these shuttles, then come back to town to hang out for the festivities.
Or you can leave your bike at the secured bike valet overnight and pick it up Sunday morning by 10am. Come enjoy the party, adult
beverages and not worry about driving back-and-forth from town and your campsite by using the shuttles.
- Live Music for Afrolicious - 8:00pm
We have Afrolicious playing a 90min set on stage in Portola City
Park after awards. Expect to move your booty! "Afrolicious has established itself as both one of the most legendary weekly parties
in San Francisco, and of the top live/electronic bands on the scene."
- Weekend campout – savor the smell of dirt and smoke in your nostril hairs for a week!
- Camping not your thing? Check out the beautiful Nakoma Resort for comfort
and room service
- Rooms and shuttle service back and forth to venue
- Lake Davis Loop Trail – hiking, biking or horseback riding
- Lakeside trail that’s family and kid friendly with scenic views of the lake, bald eagles and osprey
- Bring your own hiking shoes, bike and horse
- Fishing – catch yourself a trophy sized trout or kill a pike
- Lake Davis is considered one of the best trout lakes in the western US
- Fly fishing or spin casting
- Fishing licenses required
- Swimming, kayaking, SUPin’ or boating fun for the whole family
- Bring your swimming suit, kayak, paddleboard or boat
- Kids activities
- Free kids race on Saturday (see above), ride the pump track and loop trail in Portola City Park
- Bring your water frisbees, water ball sponge things, bubble wands, jump ropes, squirt guns
- Lakeside lounging
- Sit on the beach, feet in the water soaking up some sun and high Sierra beauty
- Spiritual relaxation guaranteed
- Lost and Found Marketplace – yes we’ve even got shopping!
- Marvel at cool custom frames from Northern CA frame makers and make a deal if you like one
- SBTS merchandise booth
- Yuba Expeditions booth
Adult beverages will be provided by our sponsors: The Brewing Lair and The Brewer's Cabinet along with other partners at our Beverage Garden in Portola City Park.
- Food will be available on Saturday along with local food vendors.
- Adult beverages will be available on Friday from 2pm to 7pm and Saturday from 12pm to 9:30pm
- Awards for 35, 65 and 100 mile racers are scheduled from 3pm to 6pm.
Event parking will be available at Portola City Park. We will provide a team of volunteers responsible
for parking and directing traffic during the venue hours.